Sunday, February 8, 2009


Yum. Shrimp and grits with cheese and lime. What a great sunday morning breakfast. We ate around the groceries I was too lazy to put away. Weekends are for cooking and eating, aren't they? Too bad I have to do laundry and clean up around the house. Life would be perfect if I didn't have to do that.
Last night I made the long beans I got from Hmart. I fried them with some garlic and salt. One of the online recipes said they wouldn't get soggy....but they did. I still ate them. They were fine mixed with fried and chopped pork bellies and mung bean noodles. MUNG BEAN NOODLES!!!! wow. How can something beany be something so cool? My kids were completely grossed out by the transluscent sliminess of them in the pot. Once I got them in the oil from the pork bellies and seasoned with the soy sauce seasonsing. Wish I had a picture, but I ate it too fast. sorry.

I LOVE recipes that require less than 5 ingredients. So, I made 'Persian Cucumber Salad'. One thing I am not is a cucumber conisseur. I can not tell the difference between a Persian, English or normal hormone filled American wax covered scary cucumber. Anyway, I used Persian Cucumbers to make this flavor filled salad.
Cucumber Salad
2 Persian cucumbers-diced (or 2 English or one giant American)
about 25 oz yogurt (I used a very low fat goat yogurt from Trader Joe's)
1 Shallot, chopped
1 large clove of garlic
4tsp dill
sea salt to taste
cracked black pepper
Mix everything. Let it chill really well then eat.
My daughter is dipping pretzels in it. I want to top bunless veggie burgers with it.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!