Thursday, February 5, 2009

I want to ride away, now.


Life is seriously beating me down. Work and kids....are they necessary evils? I like my job and I love my kids, more than anything. Do these things have to torment me and tear me to pieces? Is it just me? Do I need a therapist? Do I have time or money to go to a therapist? Maybe I should join a gym so I can work off my anxiety and get healthy. Should I budget and make time for that? Should I register for more online classes, even though they are making me take a math class. WTF does an English major want with math?
(http://www.pashley.co.uk/index.php) I want to ride that bike through the country side. Rain or shine. As long as its warm. I want to ride it through back roads and through a small town, then back to an old house that has tall ceilings, french doors, real windows in between rooms and loads of old stuff. Then I would lie in front of an open window with a good book and read myself to sleep.
The thought of what I really have to do today (meet with my older daughter's school administrators and schlep my ass to work) makes me want to cry which is ridiculous because work and kids permeate everyday of my life. Shouldn't I be at peace with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!