Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Chicken in a Pot

One of my first posts was about "Chicken in a Pot". I made it on Sunday and it was lovely. Because I used parts (thighs) and not a whole chicken, the result was stew-like, a little more fatty than I wanted, but overall, a nice dish.

I did use lots of garlic which cooked into the sauce and two plum tomatoes. I had about 8 thighs, trimmed of almost all skin and fat and only used about 3 tablespoons of olive oil. I also added a couple bay leaves.

I am always surprised at the bright yellow chicken makes when cooked. Next time I make this I will use even less olive oil, or use boneless breasts, and add some green and kalamata olives.


That Sunday was a cooking day. Before the chicken, I made a breakfast of fluffy scrambled eggs, grits with cheese (not quick grits-thank you very much) and pan fried salmon fillets...oh and toast. YUM. Sorry, no photos of that meal. We devoured it in record time. After breakfast I made 'dessert', an apple crisp from a boxed mix. I got the boxed mix in a basket for Christmas.


No picture of the finished product..sorry. It was lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!