Tuesday, February 10, 2009


Bill Cunningham's column "On the Street" is wonderful. I never remember to read it then can spend hours..literally..watching his articles.

Why I love him:

"I'm not a good photographer. To be perfectly honest, I'm too shy. Not aggressive enough. Well, I'm not aggressive at all. I just loved to see wonderfully dressed women, and I still do. That's all there is to it. "

"Women's Wear has been photographing socialites and celebrities for years. But the difference for me is I don't see the people I photograph. All I see are clothes. I'm only interested in people who look good. I'm looking for the stunners."

"I go out every day. When I get depressed at the office, I go out, and as soon as I'm on the street and see people, I feel better. But I never go out with a preconceived idea. I let the street speak to me. "

BTW, Mr. Cunningham, I have ALWAYS loved high collared coats...not nehru or mandarin, but high high high.

His latest article:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!