Saturday, February 28, 2009

Well, my day got a little better. I've done about 38,000 loads of laundry, cooked a bit and have found the energy to post some interesting stuff. See that loveliness above? That's my granola. The little one called me while I was at work yesterday to say she was eating 'my food' and with a full mouth told me 'this stuff is delicious!!' I envisioned chewed up granola spraying the phone and dining room table.
I could not get it off the cookie sheet fast enough. Her little hands were all over it. What, you may ask is in my granola....I will tell you.

preheat your oven to 375 degrees

about 3 cups of rolled oats
about 1-2 cups of crushed nuts (I used walnuts, pecans, almonds and sesame seeds)
1/4 cup of honey
1/4 cup of veg oil
1/4 cup of brown sugar (I have used brown sugar splenda before and it was good)
about 1/2 tsp of salt
dashes of cinnamon and nutmeg
1 tbsp of vanilla
you mix it all and spread it on a cookie sheet (line it with something because it will stick like crazy)

it only takes about 25 minutes to be done. Leave it longer for a smokier, crunchier granola....don't do this if you are including dried fruit.

AND I GOT BOWLS!!! The one on its side, I got that one because it is small but deep and the pattern is sparse, I love that. The yellow one is Pyrex. Heavenly. I feel about Pyrex and depression glass like I feel about mirrors. I like to think mirrors hold memory's of the images they catch, I think Pyrex and really all old china do the same.
The bowl with the floral trim is AWESOME. I wish I had a better picture. I will have to google it's stamp....Marlborough-Royal Petal-Grindley......fancy schmancy. That bowl was $6.5o


Those gorgeous mugs are Fitz and Floyd. 5 of them were marked $.99 and one was $.69. Now, I know that was a steal.

Thrifting is glorious. I also got myself a blazer, a pajama top and sleeveless top to go with my aubergine suit.

This beautiful mess is oat burger fixins. YUM. I got a veggie burger for lunch yesterday and that made it virtually impossible for me to not make some this weekend. I have been wanting to for a long time and I am glad I did tonight. This recipe called for baking. Next time I will definitely fry and not use so much onion. I think I will add some chick peas next time too.......or make chick pea and black bean burgers. The vegetable burger dimension has opened to me and
I want to experience them all. The ones I am eating now is SCREAMING for some cilantro, a squeeze of lime and did I mention fewer onions. Don't get me wrong...these are good, but I'll find a better recipe and post it later.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!