Saturday, February 7, 2009

Those really long beans in the asian grocery store


The search continues for new vegetables that my kids and I will actually eat. I found 'Cooking with Amy' and she has an interesting recipe I want to try. Few ingredients - Few steps


Chinese Style Green Beans (serves 4)

1 lb fresh green beans
1/4 cup vegetable oil or peanut oil (I used rice oil)
sauce:

2 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons wate
1 Tablespoons sherry
1 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
chili or garlic chili paste to taste (I use a teaspoon)


Wash the beans and chop off the ends. In a small bowl combine the sauce ingredients. Heat a heavy pan and add the oil. When the oil is very hot, add the beans and cook, stirring frequently until the beans are wrinkled slightly, 5-10 minutes. Scoop out the beans and drain off the oil. Drain the beans on a paper towel then return the beans and the sauce mixture to the dry pan and cook until thickened. Serve with rice.
thanks, Amy:)

Go here for the original post:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!