Thursday, March 19, 2009

Stressed




I can not express how stressed I am feeling. This is why have not posted in a little while. I could write about how my oldest kid has convinced me she has multiple personalities due to her raging hormones or how my youngest is being influenced by her because, well, she is her little sister. I am not going to do that. I am also not going to talk about how ridiculous my job is right now. Everyone is up in arms. It's not about the economy. It's about petty and childish things. It's about peoples feelings and attitudes.




I want to talk about my life when I retire...in 19 years. UGH. Anyway, I am going to move back to York, Pennsylvania, where I grew up. We lived in Dallastown, a suburb of York actually. So, York is a small town about 2 hours north of DC. The culture is conservative, as I remember, and pretty republican, but I am not going to let that scare me. The cost of living is way lower than it is here. Ideally, I want to buy a house there in 5-10 years and use it as a weekend/vacation escape. In my dreams I receive about 2 million dollars, quit my job, collect my parents, their dog and my brother and move...today. Unfortunately, there is no 2 million dollars and my girls are only in the 4th and 6th grades and taking them out of their school is not an option.




I want to sit in my backyard and smell the grass and honeysuckle. I want to plant those yellow flowers I used to not like at all....are they crokus or something. I want to ride a bike to the market on W. Market St. and furnish my house with antiques.




I need to not think the next 19 years are going to feel like today felt. Seriously.






http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/mXZ18THjRnN9_lqzjJZ9pg?authkey=Gv1sRgCIrgkZK1wt-aywE&feat=directlink

2 comments:

  1. Hoping everything works out with that. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. L Vanel,

    Thanks so much for your comment and encouragement. I am feeling much less stress and much more capable. I, too am alone for the weekend. The peace and quiet, a nice dry sherry and a gingery stirfry have been the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!