Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lalita Pandit

In a search for poetry written by Asian poets, I found "Kashmiri Poets & Poetesses". http://www.koausa.org/Poets/index.html Once there, found Lalita Pandit. I don't know anymore about her than what is on that sight and what is written about her on Wikipedia, but I know that I love her writing. What draws me to it is what draws me to all 'exotic' (in quotes because we are all exotic to someone, somewhere) poetry. The images, smells and sounds conjured trigger my curiosity. They make me want to be there. Pandit writes about her personal and cultural history. She makes me what to know more about her relationship with her family, their interpersonal interaction and their faith. I've been reading "Sukeshi has a dream" on the subway, to and from work and it transports me into another world. It's one of those things where if I don't tear myself away from the page, I will miss my stop.

http://www.koausa.org/Poets/LalitaPandit.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!