Thursday, March 5, 2009

It is my 41st birthday today. Will someone buy me this concertina?!!!! Pretty Please.

My little one told me she was going to fail if I didn't get her a freakin recorder that she has been asking me to get her for weeks. So I googled music stores in Takoma Park and found there is one right up the street from me, the House of Musical Traditions, http://www.hmtrad.com/. Such a lazy mom. We went after I got home from work. Oh my goodness. What fun. They had instruments from all over the world and the sales guy, Paul, was amazing. He talked to us about all the instruments and let the girls play them. The were a little out of control, but Paul and the owner seemed to love it. I loved it, too. I decided I have to learn how to play the accordion...then I saw these little lovelies called concertinas. That is a concertina at the top of this post. I want to be like the woman, Licia Maglietta, in that movie "Bread and Tulips" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0237539/ She plays this awesome waltz on the accordion. It is a great movie by the way. Last night I got the recorder, my older girl got a set of 'spoons' and I gat on egg that you shake. Its filled with sandlike stuff....I can't think of the name but I love it and its blue.

When I can do it, financially, I am going to get a concertina (a beautifully painted red one) and a pink ukulele for the girls.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Mine was the 7th; we're both Pisces, though I'm an older fish than you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! Happy Birthday to you, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!!