Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"it had a buoyant, lemony disposition grounded by a profound cumin and chili backbone."


photo by Andrew Scrivani for The New York Times

For that description alone (which should be printed on a t-shirt), I am dying to make this red lentil soup. Thank you Melissa Clark. Your words about this recipe I found yesterday are music to my ears. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9500E3DD1739F93AA35752C0A96E9C8B63

I have been eating Dixer Diner's red lentils for the past few days and have had the urge to make my own. How hard can it be? The idea of the cilantro and lemon are real turn-ons. Making this soup is on the number one spot of my weekend TO DO list.....well, not really. It's number 4 on this list:

1) drop my kids off at my parents

2) buy a HUGE bottle of wine

3) go grocery shopping

4) cook good food

5) watch good DVDs






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!