Saturday, January 31, 2009

Chet, baby.

It's been awhile since I treated myself to new music. In the past few months I discovered Fiest, Inara George, Lilly Allen, and Corinne Bailey Rae. You might think I only love the ladies, but yesterday I re-discovered Chet Baker! Thursday night, I came across a pretty nice movie, The Band, about a lost Egyptian orchestra and one of the band members sang "My Funny Valentine" to an airport employee, but we can talk about the movie later. So I downloaded "The Best of Chet Baker Sings" and I am officially in 'Saturday morning, the laundry is done, breakfast is over, the kids are quiet, HEAVEN'!! By the time I publish this post, I will find my self grounded once again. We are entertaining one of the girls friends and picking up my mother from an apartment sale (sad symptom of our disastrous economy). I'll probably go to work for a few hours, too. Chet will make it a little more bearable.

1. The Thrill Is Gone
2. But Not for Me
3. Time After Time
4. I Get Along Without You Very Well
5. There Will Never Be Another You
6. Look for the Silver Lining
7. My Funny Valentine
8. I Fall in Love Too Easily
9. Daybreak
10. Just Friends
11. I Remember You
12. Let's Get Lost
13. Long Ago (And Far Away)
14. You Don't Know What Love Is
15. That Old Feeling
16. It's Always You
17. I've Never Been in Love Before
18. My Buddy
19. Like Someone in Love
20. My Ideal


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!