Friday, January 30, 2009

mothering, yes? dysfunctionizing, perhaps?


Ballet Dancers in Butterfly Costumes (detail)
Edgar Degas - circa 1880
I have two girls and there they are. No, that isn't them at all, but I see the dancer in the pink as my youngest and the yellow dancer as her older sister.
I got three phone calls from three different administrators at the older girl's school yesterday. THREE. Luckily, I am used to it by now and after the mild irritation of the first call, my attitude my attitude shifted from concern and compassion for my girl. She can not help herself. Some get her, some don't. I was also told she might have ADHD, which explains tons (I feel that it explains a little too much). Add to check list "google ADHD children" . My daughter and I had a lovely, animated conversation last night and decided that disciplinarians suck, substitute teachers really suck, and reading does not come easy. It does not help that my daughter is super-mature for her age and the logic she spouts brings down the wrath of adults who are not ready for her.
My girls. Their brains/mouths are what will make them great....once they can harness their power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!