Friday, January 30, 2009

I love perfume






I have those days where I need to do something to make myself actually get out of the house. Sometimes it is wearing a certain piece of clothing or new music on my ipod. Most days it is wearing perfume. If I forget to spritz myself, I feel naked. It is worse than forgetting to put on earrings and you NEVER forget to put on earrings.
They perfect smell makes you feel right and finding the scents that fit your attitude is like finding jeans that make you behind look pubescent and your legs look long AND let your breath and keep your buttcrack in your pants. The right scent reminds you of who you long to be. I long to be the sexy-librarian, not the misogynists version who whips off her horn rimmed glasses and releases her mane of freaky-deekiness. My sexy-librarian is comfortable in her body, warm and welcoming with obvious boundaries. She is sexual, but not defined by her sexuality, is confident and capable, but not unapproachable. Scary, I know, but she is a little 'grandma', too. The scents I currently wear that bring this woman out of me.are:




1)Agent Provocateur
2)Lolita Lempicka (which is almost empty)
3)Aromatics Elixir






In an effort to define these scents and find similar scents I went to http://www.basenotes.net/.
There, I learned I love the 'chypres' and 'vetiver'. Everything I like has a hint of musk and sometime patchouli.
Be careful, the rants and raves of some perfumes out there can lure in into making a less than ideal purchase. I bought a huge bottle of 'Tabu'. LOL, I know. That bottle of bright orange liquid serves as a reminder that all tastes are not the same. Check out basenotes.net. It rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!