Saturday, April 18, 2009

mammogram

I go in for my first mammogram today. The anticipation is making me nauseated. I am not sure why. The horror stories of boobs flattened to pancakes are fleeting in and out of my head when I KNOW that it can't be that bad. I also have no money which adds to the anxiety..it always does. Shouldn't I be used to that, too.


The weather should be nice and it is Saturday after all. There is enough money to put some gas in the car and get some bean leaves from my favorite grocery, Hmart on Georgia Avenue. There is a level of rudeness in the clientele and I can't help but be a little turned off by the seafood department, but the produce is lovely and the staff members cooking in the store is also nice. Often, you have to wait for their delicious samples, but it is usually worth it.


Maybe my kids will want to go to a park or something...free.


Today I am going to make another pot of the lovely red lentil soup and a stir fry with the bean leaves and some kind of seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!